House Judiciary Committee Passes Gun Control
Five Anti-Gun Bills Reported from House Judiciary Committee
The news from the House Judiciary Committee isn’t good. Five of the seven anti-gun bills were reported from the committee by radical Democrats along a straight party line vote. The bills now go to the House Floor. The other two were passed over.
Here is the list of the anti-gun bills that were reported from committee and what they would do:
- HB 335: Bans binary triggers and slide fire/bump stocks.
- HB 336: This bill would ban any semi-automatic firearm capable of accepting a magazine greater than 10 rounds.
- HB 777: Would ban unserialized frames/receivers and DIY gun kits, effectively ending your ability to make your own firearm without government intrusion.
- HB 1157: This bill accelerates reporting of mental health adjudications to the Pennsylvania State Police. Section 302 commitments that bar the possession of firearms were struck down in two federal court cases. One ruled such a commitment as a violation of due process (Franklin v. Sessions) and another ruled that such a commitment DOES NOT meet the standard for a federal disability to possess a firearm (Wilborn v. Barr).
- HB 1190: Would ban 3D printed firearms unless one has a license to manufacture firearms.
The fight now moves to the House floor, but all hope isn’t lost. The anti-gun Democrats have a very narrow majority and cannot pass any of these anti-gun bills without some Republican support.
Unfortunately, nine Republicans betrayed you in 2023 and voted for Red Flag Gun Confiscation Orders and Universal Background Check registration schemes.
That’s why you must contact your state representative and urge them to VOTE NO on these anti-gun bills.
So please Take Action and urge your State Representative to VOTE NO on these unconstitutional bills by using the form above.